Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Rihanna: "I'll Never Give Myself to Another The Way I Gave it to Ya"


The perfectionist in me couldn't leave well enough alone and ended up deleting this original post in the process of making an edit. I'll try to replicate the darn thing from memory--and it goes a little something like this...

I cannot NOT blog about this. I attended the Timbaland pre-Grammy party at Boulevard3 Friday night where Rihanna was the surprise guest performer. Lots of big names were in the house, including Jay Z, Kanye West, Diddy, T.I...and, oh yeah, Chris Brown.

As Ri Ri rocked out on stage, I noticed her constantly looking up at the VIP section. I figured it was 'cause she saw big brother Ye checking out her set. I, now, realize that it was probably 'cause she was trying to spot her her boo Chris, who--unbeknownst to me and the songbird at the time--had checked out of the building all pissed and heated.

Fast forward to Sunday, Grammy night. I'm glued to my laptop, constantly refreshing Wireimage to get up-to-the-minute pictures of the music world's finest hitting the red carpet for me to caption. I have E!'s Live From the Red Carpet on my TV hoping Ryan Seacrest would ask each songstress the age-old question "Who are you wearing?" He's so bad about that. But I digress.

All of a sudden, I hear teases during the commercial breaks talking about how the LAPD is looking for Chris because of a domestic dispute. I really didn't think much of that. I figured it must've been a misunderstanding, small altercation at best. Then, I hear that both Chris and his girl Rihanna won't be showing up at the awards show because of the incident. Again, it didn't really peak my interests...Ri Ri was just being a good girlfriend and canceling her appearance to support Chris. I would've done the same thing. Next thing I knew, reports started to trickle in that Rihanna may have been the victim of Chris' blows. WTF?

I always thought Chris and Rihanna were the cutest couple--matching star tatoos and all. Not only was Ri Ri's incredible fashion sense rubbing off on her man, but they two of them were SO affectionate in public (overseas and in the states), which I can't say the same about another hip hop couple...

By now, you should know that Chris basically fucked up Rihanna's face real good in addition to choking and biting her. NOTHING Rihanna could've said or done warranted any of that. Aside for the pure disgust I feel about the whole situation, I'm also quite puzzled. It wasn't until news of the terrible incident circulated that I heard details suggesting a volatile relationship between the young stars. Apparently, they're known to shout expletives to each other regardless of whether or not there are important music execs inthe room. Plus, my reporter friend at E! Online, who hung out in VIP at the Timbaland party said she saw Chris storming upstairs to the private area, visibly annoyed. She said he left the venue moments before his girl went on stage.

Chris' friends later told her that he has really bad mood swings and that they aren't surprised if "it" wasn't the first time. Really? First of all, Rihanna wears such revealing clothes so someone would've saw something, right? Secondly, the couple are together ALL the time. How could either of them cheat on the other--a possible cause of their problems--and have things turn out so badly? I'm not pointing these out to defend Chris (Hell no!), but what I am trying to get at is how freakin' bizarre this all is, and how good of a job they did to conceal they're demons.

All I know is Jigga, Ne-Yo and Ye better give it to Chris a million times worse than what he did to Ri Ri.

Check out this video I took of the beautiful singer rocking out on stage 24 hours before the unspeakable incident.

No comments: