Friday, February 13, 2009

Ladies I Hate to Not Love

Continuing on with the "love" theme, I bring to you two two starlets who I hate to not love.

The first is Sanaa Lathan. I loved Sanaa Lathan ever since Love & Basketball. I really liked her with onscreen and offscreen love interest Omar Epps. (I wish they had stayed together!) She's a great actress who's managed to sustain a pretty solid body of work over the years unlike fellow veteran Vivica A. Fox. Plus, she's drop dead gorgeous.

Unfortunately, she's not as gracious and down-to-earth as I imagined her to be. Although she did give me a decent interview at the Catherine Malandrino Maison Opening, she's proven to not be very pleasant time and time again.

When I ran into her again at the Dolce & Gabbana Boutique Opening a few weeks before Christmas, I asked her, "Sanaa, what's your favorite stocking stuffer?" She said, "A dildo." Whoa! I've never known of any woman to nickname her va-jay-jay "stocking!" Quickly, the actress followed up with: "No! That's just the first thing that popped into my head." After that, her publicist had to do damage control and proceeded to answer every subsequent question for her. Ugh!

Then there's Joy Bryant. Now, here's a girl who is not only friggin' beautiful, she's got style for days--weeks, even! She always looks incredible on the red carpet.

Sadly, she's got a stank attitude. When I sprung into action and hopped over the red carpet rope (the first time I ever did that for anyone) at The Art of Elysium gala to talk to her as she waited in line to be photographed, she was sooo not giving me anything. She was literally at the end of the line of people. It wasn't like I was keeping her from anything.

Plus, you'd think she'd want to chat about fashion given the fact that she's such a fashionista. But no.

Why'd you choose the Missoni gown you're wearing tonight? "Because it's comfortable." How would you describe your style? "I like things to be comfortable." C'mon! It was like pulling teeth. I finally said peace after a minute.

We're talking about a woman whose claim to fame is starring opposite Fiddy in Get Rich or Die Trying. Whatevs! The reporter in me will nonetheless dust it off and try, try again.




1 comment:

Ericka said...

Ahh that breaks my heart. I love Joy, I can't believe she was so distant.Too bad Rachel Zoe wasn't there. She probably could have explained the selection way better since she probably decided that Joy would be wearing it. (my logic comes from the Rachel Zoe project ex. Joy had to dash to Zoe's spot to get help with an outfit for fashion week).

And Sanaa come onnn. I can't believe she said that. But I can believe she's not down to Earth.