Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Speidi Bring The Hills to Me!

Okay, I'm a huge fan of The Hills. I've always defended it saying, "It's not scripted. They just do re-takes if they didn't get something." The whole re-take thing never really bothered me because, as I would explain to the skeptics, they were just living their lives and only did things over for the sake of the show.

I even had this long-running joke between my boyfriend and I where we would yell "cut" whenever he or I said something crazy or funny and say, "Sorry, we have to do that again. The cameras didn't get it." And then we'd go back in the moment and repeat what was said. Lol!

Anyway, my tune changed when I came face-to-face with Speidi at Kress. There they were followed by an MTV camera crew being filmed walking into the restaurant. No problem. That's normal. In between filming, I approached Heidi asking for a quick interview. We talked a little about fashion. Then, one of the producers asked if we could continue when filming was done. He said they'd film the last scenes on the roof--where the Ultimat Vodka launch party was going on--so I should try to catch her there. Fine. But what was up with all this "directing?" Final location: Roof. Hmm...suspect!

When I made it up to the roof, I saw Brent Bolthouse a.k.a Heidi's former boss. He had fired Heidi in the most recent episode and his company was conveniently in charge of throwing the party. I immediately knew there was going to be some kind of confrontation. Next thing I knew, a different producer went to Brent and said, "Okay, when Heidi and Spencer come up, you have to be at a certain spot." Ugh! That did it right there. I watched as Spencer confronted Brent then go back to the corner where the camera crew and Heidi were waiting around until it was time to shoot another scene. That's pretty much how it was the rest of the night.

Oh well, I'm still glued to my set on Monday nights. And yay for a 5th season!

I didn't get another chance to speak to Heidi (they finally wrapped at around midnight or past that), but here's what I got from her earlier that night:


AIW: What's your style like?

HM: I like everything. I like to change it up. I like classic. I like sexy. I like fun. I like to mix it up.

AIW: Who are some of your favorite designers?

HM: I love Chloe. I love Stella McCartney. I love Karl Lagerfeld, John Galliano. There are so many.

AIW: Zebra print was a big part of your fashion line with Anchor Blue. Why was that?

HM: I just thought it was fun. It thought it was something that no one's really done yet.

No comments: