Thursday, November 13, 2008

Good Day Wonderland!

Tonight I attended the 15th Annual Lint Roller Party Presented by The Best Friends Animal Society where I met one of my favorite TV personalities ever: Jillian Barberie-Reynolds! I love her. I've been watching her, Steve Edwards and Dorothy Lucey on Good Day LA since I was in grade school--you know, back in the day when her and Dorothy hated each other?!

It was so obvious, and a slight bit uncomfortable to watch at times. Over the years, the girls got past their differences--I seriously considered asking Jilli about what that beef was about (probably just women being women), but decided against it (not for our first meeting anyway)--which made me supremely happy! Because to be perfectly honest, as entertaining as it is to see the drama between frenemies go down, I'm all about sisterly love. Paris and Nicole's and Lauren and Heidi's reunions? I ate that shit up!

Aside from the obvious fact that Jilli is an ardent animal lover, another thing you should know is that she has some Auberella in her. In other words, she's a white chick who's very much into rap and all things black. She has the reverse Michael Jackson complex, basically! I remember getting a kick out of her over emphasizing how much she loved Warren G or Dave Chapelle at six in the morning--I'm telling you, catching that foolishness woke me up faster than a cup of coffee ever would!

For all the Valley girls like myself (geographically speaking--I'm so not a Valley girl in any way, shape or form!), I asked the lovely Jilli about her fave hot spots in the area, fashion and beauty...and I couldn't help but throw in a question about hip hop at the very end.

AIW: What are some of your favorite hot spots in the Valley?

JBR: Well, obviously, The Commons is always good. I love going to The Commons. I don't do the East Valley a lot; I do the West Valley. So I'm always in Calabasas. There's Dash, obviously. There's Lisa Rinna's store, Belle Gray. Those are my favorites.

AIW: Do you have any favorite restaurants there?

JBR: I wish there were more! Sol y Luna is a great Mexican restaurant right there in Tarzana. Thank God! And we go to Ruth's Chris. We love steak so we go to Ruth's Chris.

AIW: Whose celebrity closet would you love to raid?

JBR: Probably Heidi Klum because she kinda has it down. I love the way she dresses with three kids. I don't think she has a ton of nannies running around, but she always look so pulled together. Because I don't have a nanny, I know how hard it is just to get yourself ready, it's not easy.

AIW: You've had a lot of guest celebrity anchors fill in on the show. Which celebrity would you love to see delivering the news beside you next?

JBR: Oh my gosh. There's so many! We had Wayne Brady on the show today. I think Wayne would be amazing. Female? Maria Menounos. She's a good friend of mine. She would be amazing.

AIW: Are there any rap albums that you know all the words to?

JBR: Probably, anything by N.W.A. I'm obsessed with N.W.A. and Snoop Dogg, but probably The Chronic. I know all the words to it.

Okay, it's late! More on the event tomorrow, including what Jodie Sweetin (Stephanie Tanner) thinks about the Olsen twins' bag lady chic movement.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I love it!!! I too love Jillian. Next time you see her, ask how Ruby's doing. :)That is seriously the cutest baby ever!

Dahvi's Music said...

wow, danielle. I have to say I am whole-heartedly impressed. NICE WORK, NICE WORK!!!!! xoxo I can't wait to keep on reading. make sure you get an RSS feed link so people can add you to Google Reader!