Saturday, November 29, 2008

AIW Exclusive: One Republic Live at Avalon

Allow me to preface this by saying that Laura Lane (read her blog here) is one of the most caring and most genuine people I've ever had the fortune of knowing. (She's also incredibly talented.) I knew it the night she gave me her plus 1 for a Pre-Grammy Party Honoring Timbland at Avalon, one of the first events I ever got to cover.

She really went out of her way to make sure I got in (and we've had each other's back ever since). That might not seem like a big deal, but I'm telling you: Hollywood is full of really fake people who could give a flying fuck about you.

Thanks to her, my intern at the time--and now good friend--Carla, got to experience a truly amazing and intimate concert featuring Timbaland, Missy, Chris Cornell, Keri Hilson and One Republic.

(That's right, we hustled our way into the party off of one wrist band!)

I'm first and foremost a music girl, and nothing has been able to top this event thus far.

There's nothing like watching live music by true musicians! Below is my video of One Republic performing their hit single "Apologize."

If you look closely, you'll see Miss Laura Lane herself (with our girl, and E! Online's Party Girl, Cristina Gibson) in front of the stage!



Lots of folks (Fergie, Solange, Ludacris, Larenz Tate, Taylor Swift, Travis Barker, Jordin Sparks, Danja, Kat Von D, Miley Cyrus, Kim Kardashian, Kourtney Kardashian, Joe Simpson and Melody from the Pussycat Dolls) came out to support Timbo the Great. Check out my video of Paris Hilton below rockin' out to One Republic!



And here's Paris flipping the bird...



Some pics from the red carpet...


Hair by Carla Jackson : )


Fergie Ferg...her makeup was all caked on and shit...yuck! Side note: While I was making my way through the crowd inside, I suddenly felt someone tugging on my hair. I turned around and it was none other than Fergie herself! She was holding onto my hair for support...guess she was trippin oh stumblin...lol!




Taylor Swift was a total sweet heart! Now, why'd she have to go get mixed up with the Jonas Brothers? They ain't nothin' but trouble!


Check out my previous blog entry for more on Travis Barker.


I wasn't the least bit interested in her, but Kat Von D was actually a pretty cool chick!


Melody...


Carla held it down and interviewed Jordin while I peeped the scenery inside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was hands down my most amazing night in Los Angeles! Props to us for getting in one the one wristband! Did we use gum to stick the half to my wrist?? lol.. anyways, I will never forget it, especially you falling apart over Mr. Barker!