Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Heart JC Penney


Out of all the department stores, I heart JC Penney the most. Its inventory isn't as expensive as the stuff at Macy's and isn't as shitty as what they have over at Mervyns. Plus, it carries affordable versions of lines by Nicole Miller, Allen Schwartz and, now, Charlotte Ronson.

Like most people I'm sure, I got wind of the British designer's I Heart Ronson for JC Penney collection after the tabloids reported the drama surrounding the launch party. Lindsay Lohan, ex of Samantha Ronson (Charlotte's twin sister), was relentlessly kept out (which led to LiLo's hilarious eHarmony profile video).

Back to the clothes! As I walked through JC Penney today, there it was. Leave it to JC Penney to make a great first impression with a sale! That's the best way to turn me onto a new line : ) Plus, I didn't mind owning a piece by someone whose hip following included girls like Nicole Richie, Rashida Jones and Nicky Hilton. Though I saw a few cute layering pieces, some things looked like borderline scrubs. But then I saw this...

...a tiered ruffle floral skirt. It's sooooo adorable! I had actually been looking for something like it ever since I saw my friend wearing a dress with a similar style print / skirt. This is much more versatile as I can switch up the look with whatever top I pair it with. And at 40% off...heck yeah!


No comments: