Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Alas in Alice + Olivia Land

I had the pleasure of previewing trendy Alice + Olivia's new collection at a swanky Beverly Hills home yesterday with my lovely intern Lizzy. While snacking on mini Crumbs cupcakes and sipping some bubbly, we went through racks and racks of beautiful pieces with bejeweled necklines, edgy zipper detailing and structured silhouettes with pops of funky, colorful designs mixed in.

Here are some highlights...


I LOVE this ruffled vest. It's absolutely adorable! This would be my go-to comfy, chic piece.

I was practically drooling over this one. The textured, woven purple shift with floral hem is to die for! A publicist at the showcase said they had recently shot the dress on a model with a silk purple tie-neck long-sleeve blouse underneath and white tights. How fucking inspired!


Lizzy really liked this one a lot. The zippers, ruffled rhinestone effect and patches of sheer fabric gave the LBD an edgy vibe.

This zebra jacket with black rhinestone-encrusted lapels is fabulous, dahling!!!

The floral skirt on this dress is cu-Ute! Plus, I like it with the red belt.


So rocker glam. I could totally see this on Nicky Hilton. I'd rock it with black leggings and some platforms--fine, flats--in a heartbeat!


This is another one Lizzy really liked. It's definitely a statement piece. I can see it dressed down with jeans and a blazer.


My reaction to this cowl neck dress with feathered hem for toddlers? O-M-F-G!!! This is sooo cute! It made me want my own baby girl to dress up! I believe this was $90...The adorability factor overshadowed the price tag for me--an effing first!


The grown up version was $135. It was fashioned into skirt as you can see, which I actually like better because you can mix and match.

When I commented to Lizzy that this would look awesome on baby Harlow, she fired back with, "No, I can see on Suri." Homegirl was right! Snaps for the kids!




Now, this retro number? This I definitely see on Harlow...



...and this one on Mommy Nicole!


No comments: