Friday, January 9, 2009

Anne Hathaway: Winner of Best Cry at Critics Choice Awards



It's really easy for me to cry--over anything that deals with any kind of emotionality. Even if I don't know the person. As long as I can relate...or even if I can't, but can--for that moment--put myself in his or her shoes. I should really be an actress.

Anne Hathaway made me cry when I heard the end of her speech at last night's Critics Choice Awards. She tied for Best Actress with the incomparable--and her Prada-wearing devil of a boss--Meryl Streep. I had such a good cry that I YouTubed the damn speech as soon as it finished, but of course it wasn't up yet 'cause it just happened. *sighs*

"My father...who protects me and has shown me that there are good men in this world and let's me know everyday that I am worthy of the love of good people."

Even though I'm guilty of poking fun (They made me do it!), I thought it was horrible that someone as good as Anne had gotten mixed up in such a messy situation. (For the uninformed, her slimy ex, Raffaello Follieri, basically turned out to be a crook.)

Btw, check out Angelina Jolie (Kate Beckinsale, Cate Blanchett and Melissa Leo were also nominated) looking like, "I know this little bitch didn't just win over me!" in the beginning of the clip and then after Anne talked about her father, her maternal instincts kicked in and was like, "Aww, it's okay, sweetheart. You can have the award."

Ugh, you freakin' have Brad Pitt, Ange...you should be straight no matter what. PUN INTENDED!!!


No comments: