Wednesday, January 7, 2009

10 Reasons to Go GRN...

I was at the GRN Apple Tree After Christmas Sale this past weekend (Check out pics here. Can you spot me?!) and made out with this ridiculously sick jacket. Why do I love it? Let me count the ways...
  1. It fits AMAZING!!! (It's a guy's jacket...ain't that a bitch?! Why are guys clothes so much better. There's the boyfriend shirt, boyfriend jean, boyfriend cardigan and so on.) Normally, that would be enough justification for me to buy something (or, in this case, ask my boyfriend to buy me something--thanks, papa!), but, oh no, there's more....
  2. It's a statement piece. You can throw this on over a plain T-shirt and jeans--and look fab!
  3. It has this nice pop of plaid, which is so in right now. I like that it doesn't overwhelm the jacket as too much pattern does not do a body good. (See how buttoning it so that the solid mostly shows creates a slimmer silhouette?)
  4. Speaking of buttoning...While doing so with the plaid overlapping on the front should logically make you look bigger, I've tried it on as such and it doesn't! In fact, it's my favorite way to wear it. Because it doesn't button all the way down this way (only the first two button), whatever you're wearing underneath breaks it all up. I know it's hard to picture, but trust me on this--it's flattering!

  5. It has roomy pockets.

  6. It's different. I grabbed it knowing that not everyone who came across the eccentric piece would get it. That's a major goal of mine when I'm out shopping. As soon as I saw the expression on my boyfriend's face when I picked it up, I was even more convinced that I needed it in my life! Even the designer was perplexed as to why I had such a strong affinity for this particular jacket--and he freakin' designed it! (I had asked him to set aside two more for the mom and sis after I had already left the sale.) But between odd and the same, you gotta be rooting for odd, dontcha?!

  7. It has a Beatles-esque feel to it.

  8. It has a structured thing going on. From Gareth Pugh to Armani, structured clothing is sweeping the runways.

  9. It's warm, but not too warm--perfect for the Cali weather.

  10. Courtesy of GRN Apple Tree designer: It's got the cardinal and gold. Fight on Trojans! (Totally subconscious though! In fact, the furthest thing from my mind when I first laid eyes on the jacket...but hey, it matches the color scheme of my blog, go figure!)